About this website
This website is provided by the International Windsurfing Association (IWA) to present the progress and procedures of equipment selection for the 2024 Olympic Games. Updates from World Sailing, classes and sailors may be published here in coordination with IWA secretary. The purpose of the website is not to promote any one single class, but windsurfing as a whole.
IWA was formed in January 2001 to unite the sport of windsurfing, and to provide a focal point for information, and a central administration for competitive windsurfing.
- To promote the sport of windsurfing in all disciplines
- To represent the interests of the World Sailing Windsurfing Classes
- To organise first class competition for all windsurfing classes
- To co-ordinate class activities with one international calendar
- To further co operation between international classes
- To encourage development of all age groups and levels
- To protect and represent the interests of windsurfers worldwide